HELP. Have "2800DP/2m/800 CPUs(2) whats a good mob???

4entourage

Beta member
HELP. Have "2800DP/2m/800 CPUs(2) whats a good mobo???

Hey guys,
I have (4) 2800DP/2m/800 cpu's. I want to build a new pc. I have 2 sata hard drives, a 600 watt power supply, all the goodies.

What is a good motherboard I can do this on? I dont know anything about this chip my friend gave me 2 and said if I found a working board there mine...please help! Thanks guys

and are those even good cpu's???

Ah OK, well you'll have to try and find a socket 604 motherboard, if Newegg don't have one (which they don't) then Ebay is probably your best bet. It's a server CPU so finding a motherboard might be a bit tricky.

Even though I need a Server MOBO I can still run it as a normal PC, and do all the normal things correct?

ANY mobo that supports a 604 CPU will work correct?

Even though I need a Server MOBO I can still run it as a normal PC, and do all the normal things correct?
yes

ANY mobo that supports a 604 CPU will work correct?

pretty much yes. There might be some exceptions but when you find a mobo you like then google a bit. Somewhere you should find the list of supported cpu's, or then just google the mobo and the cpu and see if someone has them running together. But most of the time as long as the socket is the same it will work.

Back
Top Bottom