Help with Hardware

Unfortunately not, however I'm really looking for the ...creative solution. I love these get-around DIY jobs. I'm just wondering if anyone has teh knowledge to help me set the scene. If not, do you know where I could start looking? A modder's website, another forum? I've checked and found nothing so far...but I'd really like to do this the hard way - it's more fun that way. I know enough electrical to know how not to kill myself...just not enough to get the job done by myself.

Allright, I just wanted to let you know I got it set up. I shorted the P1, and connected it to an old Toggle switch I found lying around. I also used one of the LED's from the other computer within the circuit...although it glows when the circuit is open (PSU off) and not the other way around...but nevertheless it works anyhow. It's only an addition 180W, but it's a heck of a lot more than 0W. So thanks again.

do you have both power supplies physically inside the case? Or is your second one outside the case right now. If their both inside, keep an eye on those temperatures as it could get pretty hot inside your case, and well, bad things happen when computers get hot.

Yes they are both mounted in the case; one in the back, and one in the front. I have an extra fan and I was thinking of drilling it in above the second power supply...but I'll only do that if needed. My environment temp is 41C...so I think it should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom