Help with graphics card please!

steelnub

Solid State Member
Hi, I have an nvidia 6200 GE. I recently re-installed windows xp on my computer. After I installed xp I needed to download all my drivers again. I couldn't remember what driver came on the nvidia driver cd so I searched around and tried downloading a couple different drivers from the nvidia site. I know that the later forceware drivers didn't perform as well as the driver that came on the nvidia cd. I downloaded a couple different drivers and tried installing them. The version I have installed right now is 66.93. I tried downloading the latest one also and they all don't perform close to as good as the driver on the cd did. Now I can't even walk through smoke in cs 1.6 without it lagging. And also, my monitor doesn't work very well with the drivers... some parts on the screen are blurry on a refresh rate of 60 hertz and it doesn't work well up until 75 hertz. But I even notice at this refresh rate that some text bleeds or is blurry on different backgrounds. I can't play any video games because they load too slow. Did I forget to download something needed? Or do I have the wrong drivers?! Someone please help me, this is driving me crazy!! THANKS!

Strange...

I personally find the drivers from www.tweaksrus.com to be the best for Nvidia cards. They are tweaked a bit to run games better. THe higher the refresh rate the better, so 75 will be clearer anyway than 60. Do u have a TFT or CRT display? The blurryness could be an option set incorecctly in the monitor options. Or its possible its a gamma/colour problem. U can change the settings in the control panel for colour and gamma settings for the card. If one is too high or low, then itll make some areas bleed. Try and see if uhavent changed them by accident, so maybe try and use the default settings.

Ok thanks, and I forgot to mention that in CS, the wall textures look horrible and the gun is on the left side, even when I set it to the right it remains on the left side, I don't know if that has anything to do with the graphics card? Thanks for the reply!

P.S. I have a 19" lcd monitor.

Back
Top Bottom