Help - Graphical Corruption/Freeze at Startup

tomirlik

In Runtime
Hello. I am need of some serious help with a frustrating problem.

Today, I've had to restart my computer manytimes because shortly after loading Windows (or even a few minutes later), the entire screen becomes graphically corrupted (lower resolution or blackness or completely random screen, etc). At that point, my computer locks up and I have to restart. I've nearly pulled my hair out now because even after restarting, the actual Windows loading screen is corrupted and than I cannot even see the desktop properly, so I am stuck. Now when writing this, I'm lucky to have booted it properly.

Yesterday, I did a system optimization using SpeedUpMy PC 2009, just to let you know.

What should I do about this? Install new video drivers perhaps? Any help is very welcome!

By the way, I've tried a system restore to earlier this week, but it said that it cannot be restored :confused:

I would first try new drivers. Also look to see that the cooling fan on the video card is working properly as it may be overheating.

I would first try new drivers. Also look to see that the cooling fan on the video card is working properly as it may be overheating.

Alright, but clear up two things with me please:

1. Do I have to uninstall my current NVidia control panel/driver to install a new one?

2. Do I download the Nvidia update I see in the custom Windows Update (hardware section) website, or do I download the one from Nvidia's own site?

I have reinstalled new drivers, but to no avail. Now, I can boot properly, but I cannot start any game (world of warcraft, counter-strike, etc) without the graphical corruption resurfacing and forcing me to restart.

Hows the cooling fan on that card?

Download GPU-Z. it will tell you the current fan speed and temperatures of your video card.

Current fan speed is 60% (1657 RPM). There are two GPU temperatures of 72 and 63 Celsius, and a PCB temperature of 64 Celsius.

The temps are a little high for being at idle. They can run at pretty high temps. You might want to remove the card and blow the dust out of the cooler.

Back
Top Bottom