help for a friend

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
10zvc0m.jpg

he gets this error in partitions magic (the "BAD" beside his partition)

what does this mean? how does he fix it?

also notice that it says disk 2 is active, but it shouldn't be..because disk 1 has windows xp on it. and disk 1 should have 3 partitions.(all partitions work in my computer)

the bad section convert to fat32 then with your windows disk convert it back to ntfs it it saying its bad because you have used ome different program to format the disc and pq does not recognise it also if the pc has come with a recovery disc there can be hidden partitions.

so i can just ignore it then? and for hidden partitions i do have a hidden partition with a ghost image, is there any other better partitioning software?

edit: and how do i change drive from ntfs to fat32...note:( i formatted one parttion with vista.)

edit2: and also, it would be a problem with partiiton magic, instead of my parttitons...?

no you already have the best patition software but just a thought is the partition a gosted partition do you backup with ghost and have you put the image back on the drive with ghost or anything like tis.

ASSEMBLER said:
no you already have the best patition software but just a thought is the partition a gosted partition do you backup with ghost and have you put the image back on the drive with ghost or anything like tis.

i do have a specail partition thats hidden on the drive that says bad....how can i unhide it when i can't see the partitiions in partition magic?.
and this problem started after i formatted a partitiion on this drive with vista beta 5308 with ntfs during vista beta setup. vista isn't on my computer anymore more because i formatted the partition with xp and fixed boot and fixed mbr with windows setup cd., thanks and also, in the picture it shows disk 2 active...but it shouldn't be, because drive c has windows on it.

edit: and by the way, all my partitions work in "my computer" and "windows explorer"

different formatting programs can format the drive slightly differently for instance win xp disc is not really a good formatting program as it soes not wipe the drive totally clean where as pq magic is more powerfull and it wipes the drive clean the only way around this as i have had the same problem is to format into fat 32 with pq magic as i think it will not let you format to NTFS then goto put a win 98 or win me boot disc or floppy disc and reboot and use the fdisk then put a clean installation of windows on and as it goes through the setup when it gets to the formatting stage highlight the format to NTFS not the quick format to NTFS once windows is on and you run pq magic it should then show the drive in pink and NTFS i know its a lemgthy process but unless you are willing to put a new instation on then it will just stay the same. If its all running ok then just leave it until you have to.Hope this all makes sense but i think pq magic is great it all i use to format my drives.Hope all this helps and good luck

Back
Top Bottom