HELP: Firefox popping open IE windows
I'm going crazy here trying to figure what i have. I mostly use Firefox on my laptop and over the last few days i knew i had accidentally got something thats causing problems. Whenver i use Firefox or even when using windows explorer, Internet explorer will pop open to a site. It's my work laptop so i can just install/uninstall anything i choose, but i have been able to do a number of things.
1. Mcafee Enterprise AV is installed and i ran a complete scan and it found nothing.
2. Ran Tren micro housecalls online scan and it found nothing.
3. Downloaded and ran Malwarebytes and ran it (quick scan) and it found 42 items which it removed. Still the problem occurs.
-During this process my McAfee AV was going nuts that it found virus after virus (Vundo) which it cleaned.
Still the problem occurs.
4. Did a full scan with Malwarebytes and it found 3 more things. Still the problem occurs.
5. went through all my startup programs and eliminated anythign unecessary. Went through all the processes in task manager to see what was running and everything there was considered safe.
5. Ran VundoFix to search for this virus and it found nothing.
This problem is killing me b/c normally i can find these sorts of things pretty quickly. But this one i cannot nail down.
The one good thing that after doing all these scans and removing other items the computer functions better...LOL.
Any help PLEASE!
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ [939 Socket] W/ ASUS "A8N-SLI Premium" (OC'd @2.4ghz) | 560W Silverstone Spider PSU | Kingston 1024 MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory | Dual MSI Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 128-bit PCIe @555/1111 in SLI | Samsung 19" LCD 930B (8ms) | Western Digital 200 GB SATA II (x2) | LG Dual Format/Double Layer 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive