Can anybody help me out in finding a good Desktop to run the recording software "Pro Tools?" I'm pretty new to computers and have had trouble asking other sites for assistance.
Any help would be great guys, thanks.
1) What is your budget?
2) What size desktop would you prefer?
Doesn't matter, will be stationary for the majority of time.
3) Please select your country's flag as a post icon and tell us what country are you buying this in.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
I've heard with Pro Tools it's better to look into a MAC, as PC's have a hard time running the program and crash frequently (have a friend whos experienced this)
5) What tasks will you be performing with the desktop?
Recording, light internet browsing, possibly video editing
6) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games?
7) Do you mind buying online without seeing the desktop in person?
8) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Once again, I've heard Macs have a better time with Pro Tools. Otherwise I am indifferent.
Additional: If the seller is reliable, I have no problem buying refurbished