Help finding Multimedia Laptop!

brockwed

Baseband Member
Hey guys! I'm looking to get a laptop as soon as possible. I have about $2,000 to spend, but there are so many I just cannot decide. I want to be able to surf the internet, website design, video editing, and picture editing. I already have a 21 inch screen so I'm thinking 15 inches is a good size for the laptop? What do you think? I think I need 2 gigs of RAM, 2.0ghz at core 2 duo (at least), and 160+GB hard drive. I was only looking at PC's and not Macs because I only like macs for iMovie and Photoshop and pretty much hate them for everything else :eek: . Anyway my friend showed me this thing for Macs called Virtue Machine were you can instantly switch between Vista and Mac OS, looks pretty cool, but is it too good to be true? Anyone here used it? I was looking at some HP's like the HP dv6000t and some Sony's but am just stumped as to what to get. Also if you know of any good review sites, I've looked at cnet, pcmag,pcworld, and laptopreview. Finally is there any new tech thats coming out pretty soon that should make me hold off for a little bit? Thank you so much for your help!! :D (what brands should I look for/specs)

i run inspiron 6400 laptop from dell....there tanks....and good price too...just sometimes support ant the greatest...

HP is very good for mid-line notebooks though they're usually lacking in the GPU department, if you want to get your 2,000 dollars worth, definitely go with whay spywarebanisher said and look around for an ASUS laptop. They don't have an official site that sells them though, you'll have to look around for a reliable website. Most ASUS laptops right now are upwards 1,500 dollars, but they all come equipped with your specifications.

As for what your friend said, that's correct, there are programs out there that allow you to switch between Mac OSX and Windows Vista.

What stores/websites carry ASUS. This is so hard! I'm just stumped as to what to buy! ASUS, Sony, and HP all look great. But I just cannot decide.!:confused:

www.btotech.com has a decent supply of asus laptops, it's reliable too regardless of the shoddy website layout.
I'd definitely go with ASUS, Sony Vaio systems tend to be over priced and HP is good for budget consumers, you have a 2000 dollars budget so you can push farther and get the ASUS.

HP is very good for mid-line notebooks though they're usually lacking in the GPU department, if you want to get your 2,000 dollars worth, definitely go with whay spywarebanisher said and look around for an ASUS laptop. They don't have an official site that sells them though, you'll have to look around for a reliable website. Most ASUS laptops right now are upwards 1,500 dollars, but they all come equipped with your specifications.

As for what your friend said, that's correct, there are programs out there that allow you to switch between Mac OSX and Windows Vista.

dam.lol just found out u cant buy the asus products at asus. theres no configuring feature on te web like the other brands........i went to newegg again and found that the 15.4 laptop which can last up to 2.5 hours the reviews say. i want this cuz its very light(6 lbs about) and not humongous. i not fond of 17 inch. not very portable

Yeh, I def want a 15 inch laptop or maybe even smaller. What do you guys think of a full tricked out HP Dv6000t

The thing with the dv6000t is that the GPU is limited to a 7400GO, which I mean is alot better than integrated video, but it could really be better. Are you into gaming at all? because if you are, that would be the only thing that would give you a problem.

Im defiantly not a big gamer but I do occasionally play a little Cs:s. How bad will the graphics look? And will this affect web design, video editing, or photoshop? my old computer had a nvidia 6800 Ultra OC. How big of a difference will it be? And is that the only downside of the dv6000? Thank you so much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom