help with driver problems

GreenAce92

Solid State Member
Yeah so learning curves suck for me.... Anyways here's the problem previously I was virused to heck and so I thought/read formatting would be my cure(which it sorta is at this moment) anyways so I sent my comp to a friend( I don't have a second desktop pc) he formatted it and I installed his win 98 sucks going from xp home ed. To 98 he had windows server 2008 but that wouldn't work for some reason so yeah bottonm line is I got 98 to work but all my drivers are erased thus I cannot connect to my modem and I can't even see my other stuff such as my nvida graphics card. I guess my solution is to find the internet disc then download the other drivers. But I plan on re downloading xp I have my code and all. But yeah any suggestions/hints/tips/concerns?

Thanks

Dude how old is your computer? Windows 98 isn't a supported platform for recent hardware and that is probably why you "cannot see" your Nvidia Graphics card and other hardware.

If you already have your own genuine Windows XP serial, then why don't you borrow a windows xp CD/DVD form someone and reinstall that, Windows 98 will not work properly with hardware that is less than 5 years old at least.

Failing that, Windows 7 is in Release Canidate 1 at the moment and is free to use for a certain period of time (I think RC1 keys will work up until June 2010) so go grab a copy of it here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

Hope this helps

Tom

Back
Top Bottom