Help with a desktop build

Brandicimo

Solid State Member
Hi there, I am new to this forum and i am wondering if you guys would be able to help.

I am not very computer savy and i am looking to get a new computer that has:

1 terabyte hard drive
8gb memory
Something that runs extremely smoothly and fast (so a good processor)
Good cooling and ventalation
Wireless internet
The ability to run a game like modern warefare 2 to its full potential(i am willing to pay for a really nice graphics card)

I think thats about it, I am wiling to pay up to 1500$.

It would be nice if I could get it off of a website like http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/
where the company essembles it for me.

Please post any builds that you think would fit me and i am very grateful. If you have any questions please ask.

Thank you

Also, would any of these suffice
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/LandingPages/megaspecial/FathersDay/default_promo.htm

Do you have any specific desires on cooling? The page you linked us showed a lot of towers with liquid cooling. Liquid cooling can be very effective, but only if it is a good kit. Since good kits run at about $300-400, I'd say it is safe to assume that the kits listed on your link are not of the best quality. A poor liquid cooling system may perform like top of the line air cooling. With that said, I'd like to suggest this build:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Xtreme_6000/

It's about $100 over your budget, but fits all your requirements, and leaves room for future games. However, on the accessories page, you'd still need to pick a wireless card. Under external wireless network card, you can take your pick. The Linksys one is by far the best. I would take Zonet if you're not taking the Linksys.

Here are a few tweaks I would do to the build:

-Under core components: processor: Instead of the first option (Intel Core i7-875k), I would pick the third option (Intel Core i7-860).
-Since you won't really need 4GB of RAM, under core components: memory: I would pick the 4GB option (second), and underneath it get the corsair dominator.
-Lastly, if you don't want to spend too much of the video card, I would get the ATI Radeon HD 5850 (the choice right above the one already picked).

With these tweaks, you'll probably save around $200-300 depending on which wireless card you choose. I highly recommend you take my first suggestion on my tweak list. The second and third would just be to save you money.

edit: You can also pick new cases if you don't like the one they show. Keep in mind that I used all of your budget, but if you feel like you need to spend less, just less us know and we'll tweak it some more.

If there is anything a couple hundred dollars cheaper that would be great, because the shipping is really expensive, but if not that is great and i really appreciate your response

Instead of doing the tweaks listed above, I would do the following:

-Change the case to the Thermaltake V3 Black Mid-Tower (5th option from the top).
-Change the processor to the Intel Core i5-750 (4th option from the top)
-Change the memory to the 4GB (2GBx2) selection, and then choose the Corsair Dominator.
-Change the video card to the ATI Radeon HD5770 (although I still think you should go with the HD5850).
-Under optical drive: change the blu-ray player to the option above (the sony one).
-Select none for the choice of a second optical drive.
-Select the Zonet wireless network card.

Final Price: $1048

A couple notes on this build:

-The change in optical drives only subtracts about $50.
-The HD5850 will add $110
-My original suggestion of the Intel Core i7-860 is $85 more expensive than the i7-750. I overlooked this earlier, but the 750 is a better overall choice.
-Changing the case and RAM saved about $150

One last note about cyberpowerpc: their watercooling kits cost just as much as their air cooling, and they both only cool the CPU. The tower I'm suggesting to you know is watercooling. I couldn't find any substitutes in air cooling that would significantly change the price.

edit: My initial suggestion, 2 posts above, had a total price of $1376.

Awesome, and if i get
22" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre X226W 5ms (Viewable 21.5 inch) LCD (Black Color) w/ Built-in D-Sub & DVI Input

Would you recommend i get speakers as well

Yes, I always recommend going with a good set of speakers. Doesn't need to be the best, but also don't rely on monitor speakers if it has some.

Back
Top Bottom