A+ and Help Desk Certifications

This post would fit perfectly in the section i suggested lol, see there is a use for it :)

I see alot of guides/books out there. Is there one that is better then the rest?

Some of the guides/books are for CompTIA A+ 220-301, 220-302, 220-601, 220-602, 220-603, 220-604, etc. I assume the 220-*** are versions? What is the most recent version? Which should I purchase?

How long does it take to complete the tests? There is a test for hardware and software?

A+ requires 220-301 thats hardware and 220-302 thats the operating systems. The 601 etc are the new A+ exams which come into force in the 2nd quarter of 2007(at least in UK, not sure for anywhere else). I dont think the new books are out till december. I would wait for them ones, unless ya planning on completing both exams by end of march next year. What kind of experience do ya have with pcs at the moment. Best books are the ones by Mike Myers, sybex range and syngress range aswell. Hope that helps

I wasnt sure which book to get so I choose this one:

CompTIA A+ Complete FASTPASS
by Sybex

It says on the cover:

Review what you need to know for all four
CompTIA A+ Exams:
220-601 (Essentials)
220-602 (IT Technician)
220-603 (Remote Support Technician)
220-604 (Depot Technician)

Practice with Four Bonus Exams Included on the CD

Did I get the wrong one?

thats for the new exams which dont start till next year, that book is fine if ya not planning your exams for a while

Back
Top Bottom