Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default [Help]Decent gaming computer

I found these parts on newegg but would these be pretty decent and what video card could i get... all ready have hdd ??? budget pc

APEVIA X-Gear ATXB5KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply

BIOSTAR A880G+ AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon II X2 260 Regor 3.2GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADX260OCGMBOX

G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK???

hotweels_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: [Help]Decent gaming computer

imho.

my first thought. budget pc and then BAM 8gb memory
2nd shotty case and psu combo
3rd get a ps3 and call it a day

KiingDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiingDavid View Post
imho.

my first thought. budget pc and then BAM 8gb memory
2nd shotty case and psu combo
3rd get a ps3 and call it a day
Really? This is a PC forum. If everyone went around discussing that it would be wiser to get a PS3 or XBox vs a PC, there'd be some annoyed people and unresolved issues. Not at all what we're all here for. Why did you post if you weren't going to help the OP with his issue?

As for the PC build itself, the case is a little ho-hum and I agree about the included power supply, but if you're not loading the system up with any other items that draw a lot of power such as a graphics card, it'll feed that Athlon II without any issues.
Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
Beta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
Really? This is a PC forum. If everyone went around discussing that it would be wiser to get a PS3 or XBox vs a PC, there'd be some annoyed people and unresolved issues. Not at all what we're all here for. Why did you post if you weren't going to help the OP with his issue?

As for the PC build itself, the case is a little ho-hum and I agree about the included power supply, but if you're not loading the system up with any other items that draw a lot of power such as a graphics card, it'll feed that Athlon II without any issues.
hey thanks
if i decide to get a graphics card in the near future what type should i get
that is in the $100 mark....
and what psu
hotweels_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Nice starter rig although I'm not crazy about the case and power supply. A good power supply can make or break a rig. For the interim though, you shouldn't have problems, but would be high on my upgrade list. You can't go wring with anything from Antec, Corsair, Rosewill, OCZ, or Cooler Master. Read the reviews on Newegg, they're very helpful.

Biostar makes a nice board and I've always had some good experiences with them. That board is a little no frills and if you want to do some upgrading, I would get something that has more features. If you want more than 8GB of RAM, you will need to change out the board. You could spend a couple of extra bucks and get an AM3+ board.

Something like this:

Newegg.com - ASUS M5A88-M AM3+ AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Or if you don't want the onboard video you can go with:

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

This is the board I'm currently using by the way.

This will save you upgrade expense in the future.

Other than that, everything is pretty solid. I've always liked G.Skill memory. I have the Ripjaws series in my machine. I think this rig will make you pretty happy.
OhSnapWord is offline   Reply With Quote