help with debian install

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
I download the debian minimal boot cd, and burned the iso properly. Windows will recognise it as a disk, but when I restart the comp with it in the drive, my comp will just boot up windows, even though I have the cd-rom drive selected as boot priority 2, and the HDD as boot priority 3. I am usin the 64 bit verson, since my comp is 64 bit compatable. Would the 32 bit verson work?

Well 64-bit processors should run 32-bit os's fine, i ran a 32 bit version of linux on my 64bit processor. Have you tried setting the CD-Rom as first boot divice instead of second.

nope, but after a little research, I figured out that ia-64 is different from amd64, which they don't have in the minimal cd, so I would just have to go with the 32 bit edition.

That's one thing I hate from that: Ia-64 is for Intel CPUs and AMD64 are for AMD. They're both different and they're annoying at times :mad:

lhuser said:
That's one thing I hate from that: Ia-64 is for Intel CPUs and AMD64 are for AMD. They're both different and they're annoying at times :mad:
oh i see, i always downloaded the amd64 untill now i never heard of Ia-64.

Yeah, I did know that one. EM64T is Inte;'s way of saying it's a 64-bit and the AMDs are X86-64.

Back
Top Bottom