Help with 'corrupt' data...

rayc59

Beta member
Problem: Since I built this computer in mid-August, I have had trouble downloading and installing files from some CDs. I can only download files from certain P2P programs (eMule, DC++, torrents - BitComet) and Steam. I can try downloading files off of Firefox, IE, Limewire, Ares, and Opera, but a good 9 times out of 10, something is corrupt in them. On the topic of installing files from CDs; certain CDs seem to have 'corrupt' files in them. The only CDs that have given me trouble are the Ubuntu CDs, and UT2004; which I just purchased today, and I am angry that I can not install it. I ordered 30 CDs from Ubuntu's free CD thingy (10 PowerPCs, 10 Intel x86s, and 10 AMD64s); I tried 20/30 of them (all but PowerPC ones), and none worked, each of them had trouble verifying contents in the CD. I also have issues when I run 3D games at high details that normally run fine on other peoples machines with similar specs; ATI returns an error that my VPU was no longer responding to commands and has been reset, and my game freezes for about 20 seconds. Here are my specs:
Windows XP SP2
Athlon64 3000+ Venice core
1GB (2x512MB) Corsair Value CAS2.5
Radeon x700 Pro 128MB PCI-E
CHAINTECH VNF4/Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard
Seagate 160GB 7200RPM HDD

I've tried memtest86 - which displayed no problems. I've also tried CHKDSK which also returned no problems, and SeaTools which was also fine. Help is greatly appreciated :D

hmm thats interesting...
did you just get this problem, or has it been happening since august?
you might want to try reinstalling windows

sk8ngame said:
hmm thats interesting...
did you just get this problem, or has it been happening since august?
you might want to try reinstalling windows
It's been happening since August, which is when I built this. I'll try reinstalling Windows tomorrow, and I'll see if that helps...

Back
Top Bottom