Help Computer wont load

smokeu187

Solid State Member
Ok basically my computer wont load windows or even show anything on the monitor.I recently had to buy a new power supply b/c i bought a geforce 6800gs video card and it takes 450watts to run it so i put the new power supply in and when i turn the computer on the dvd and cd roms try to load over and over again but nothing is in them.Everything is running all the fans are running but it keeps doing the same thing.Plz someone help thank you.

AMD 64 3700+,GeForce 6800gs,40 GB HD,1Gig pc3200 DDR

try your'e onboard graphics card.

edit: if your computer's like mine, then in the bios theres a way to set the video adapter from the onboard to the geforce card.

Yea but i had to buy the video card idk the motherboard didnt come with any intergrated graphics crap i originally had a geforce4 mx440 pci card but i got the other one and when this problem started i put the old one in and it still didnt show video

does it show any signs of life instead of cd drive lights?...like beeping or anything...hard drive loading?....did you change anything else?

everything is running as it should except the cd roms kepp loading over and over nonstop and nothing shows up on the monitor

sounds be like something like maybe video card or something....you didn't do anything while it was powered up did u?... and u released the static electricity?

the last thing i can think of is is the power supply compatiable with the mother board?.... sorry but i don't have all the brtains in this stuff to go any more technical...i'm sure someone here can help u out...the best of luck!

edit: and welcome to computerforums and enjoy your stay!

All i did was change the PSU didnt mess with anything else My aim s/n is smokeu123 if u have that it would be better.

Back
Top Bottom