Help! Computer Troubles!

Depja

Baseband Member
I have a Dell Optiplex GX270 small form factor computer. A while ago the mobo busted so I got a new one. The mobo is exactly the same as the old one (except not busted). I installed it and ALL the fans turned on. However, the power button was glowing orage, and the light beneath it was glowing green. The light inside the computer on the mobo is also orange. The PSU works fine. What could be wrong with my computer???:confused:

Also: Nothing comes on the monitor at all.

I have a Dell Optiplex GX270 small form factor computer. A while ago the mobo busted so I got a new one. The mobo is exactly the same as the old one (except not busted). I installed it and ALL the fans turned on. However, the power button was glowing orage, and the light beneath it was glowing green. The light inside the computer on the mobo is also orange. The PSU works fine. What could be wrong with my computer???:confused:

Also: Nothing comes on the monitor at all.

Sounds to me like you don't have the power cables hooked up properly. make sure the CPU power plug is in right, and the main 20+4 pin connector is seated correctly.

Sounds to me like you don't have the power cables hooked up properly. make sure the CPU power plug is in right, and the main 20+4 pin connector is seated correctly.

Considering you aren't getting a BIOS boot-up at all, it probably is the configuration of cables...or dell sending out parts DOA again (horror stories I've heard). Reseat all of your cables. If this doesn't work, you probably got a bad mobo replacement.

If all of the cables are seated correctly and everything is hooked up as it should be, then the motherboard is bad. Call Dell and talk to them about it, they'll be able to either help you figure out what's wrong with it or send you a new (REALLY not busted) motherboard.

Sounds like a DOA (dead on arrival). That can happen with MoBo's. As it's been said, double check your cables to make sure (not just on the MoBo but also on the HDD). Then call Dell or where ever you got it from and tell them.

Ok thanks everybody ill try replugging the cables, then I guess ill call dell =(.

Back
Top Bottom