Help with computer parts.

Rainzy

Baseband Member
G'day Guys I'm not great with computers but i would like some advice on my computer please :)

First of all my computer specs are
4 Gig of ram
AMD Radeon HD 6770
motherboard is msi 7641
processor is amd athlon II x2 260 3200 mhz
the power supply im not sure but it says output 400w, peak output 500w

Clearly, my computer needs upgrades, what would be of higher importance to upgrade, my Processor or my Graphics card?

Play games, it was a very cheap basic computer when i got it about 2 years ago, bought it at a market didnt even come with an operating system, all i've done to it was buy a graphics card which was the 6770. could the processor be holding it back, or is the processor not that bad, etc?

I don't think the CPU is holding the GPU back sense the 6770 still is a very low end card from the previous series.
I personally would upgrade everything. That system is not worth putting money into.

You could overclock thr CPU and GPU a little. that will give you some extra FPS in games.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and there's a good chance that I am) that CPU is from around 2010 right? That's already three years old. Just save your money and put it towards a new computer, with at least current gen specs.

you should easily be able to get 10% FPS boost in games with overclocking.
So if you are running a game with 40 fps int's only gonna give you 4-5 extra fps. but still, free performance.

I don't think you should upgrade the CPU. reason is that That CPU upgrade are mostly gonna add performance to rendering, compressing and decompressing.
It's not worth the money if you are upgrading due to gaming.

Back
Top Bottom