Help! Computer freezes after memory test!

Rwolfera

Solid State Member
Hi, I recently started having trouble with my PC. I had to restart it after installing a program on it and then when it started rebooting it got stuck on the screen where it does the memory test!

All it says on that screen is

Memory Test : 2620352K OK

Memory Runs at Flex Memory Mode
IDE Channel 0 Master : None
IDE Channel 0 Slave : None
IDE Channel 1 Master : ST3500620AS LC11
IDE Channel 1 Slave :

Once that all comes up, nothing else happens. I try getting into BIOS Setup but it says "Prepare to enter setup" and freezes on that! I bought a new stick of memory and tried that but still nothing works except it says

Memory Runs at Single Channel

Can someone please help me?

Thank you!

R

Have you tried to press F8 and go into safe mode? If not after you boot the pc press F8 tapping it upon the splash screen, and if you get into safe mode then roll back any updates you did. If that don't work hopefully your disk drive is set to 1st boot, and put in your Os CD and at the prompt, on the blue option screen press "R" and then at the black screen choose option 1 and dont enter a password just hit enter, unless you made a system password, if so enter that. then at the C:/ prompt type in chkdsk hit space bar once then type in /r hit enter. if it's a hard drive problem check disk will repair the issue.

Hope this is helpful.

Back
Top Bottom