Help choose Mobo, wanting a good OC

blue90

Solid State Member
Hello, I am building a new cmp, 2nd new build. its gonna be a i7 3770k
I need a dual band network. So here is the selections I got. I want a good OC, at least the best mobo that has the highest oc ratings/tests

my selection is right here
Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Dual 10/100/1000Mbps

Basically all mobos that are 1155 sockets.and have dual bands are listed here.
Price range 100 - 250 if possible.

With a max. limit of $250.00 there are only 2 MB of known quality within that link you posted. They are the MSI, and the Intel. The other motherboards frankly are nearly unknown to me. You'd have to research them.

I can tell you that both the Intel, and MSI are quality names, but neither of those boards are designed for any kind of serious over clocking.

Over clocking requires a better grade of discrete components, north bridge cooling, etc.

You're really limiting yourself. However, of the two, I'd go with the Intel.

Well, see the thing is I need a dual band. I was thinking ASRock Z77 Professional LGA
Would you recommend this?

Sorry, perhaps I am incorrect, but I was under the impression that all, or nearly all, of the Z77 boards were Dual 10/100/1000Mbps.

The issue I have, is that in my experience both personal, and through friends, and forums, is the inexpensive motherboards just don't cut it when it comes to over clocking options, or performance. Unless you're speaking of a relatively moderate over clock of about 10%, then the boards in the <$250 price range will be fine.

Running multi APIs, with multi VM's. I play runescape and use a java API client that runs scripts. (powerbot). This is my 2nd build, and with my other build. I bought a asus p7z66v-pro. I have it oced at 4.5ghz on my i7 2600k. thats nearly 25%...
What does this AsRock have to offer as in overclock ability, and the memory bandwith oc.

Back
Top Bottom