Help with buying new PSU

stefano1

Baseband Member
Hi!
Im buying a new graphic card for my ASUS CG5275, and I will need more power supply that the one provided from my computer.
Im looking for a good PSU with at least 500W and have a flexible budget! I need help because Im not really great with hardwares, plus I dont get the compatibility requirements necessary for my computer! If anyone could help me it would be great!
Thanks.

whats your budget.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Some things that you should have as a power supply, a single 12V rail, which means the power distribution is not biased, and make sure its at least 80 plus certified so that its efficient. Also, invest into modular power supply so that cable management is easy, and they cost about the same.

That, i can give you a few links.
Newegg.com - OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom *very nice power supply, barely over your budget, but most bang for your buck, also modular and efficient*

Newegg.com - COOLMAX ZU Series ZU-700B 700W ATX 12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply *good, lots of wats, low price, also single rail, and 80 plus bronze

Newegg.com - COOLMAX ZU Series ZU-600B 600W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply *similar to above*

Hope this helps, anymore questions, feel free to message me or make another thread. I've been here for awhile now.

Corsair GS500 is a very reliable PSU, I have one, just that its the 700watt version.
Also I believe that the OCZ Modxstream is quite good.

Back
Top Bottom