Help in buying a new notebook

anashaddad

Baseband Member
Hello guys I need your help in buying a laptop,
So I've been thinking about getting a new laptop for some time but never really got the chance because my parents were never convinced (I'm 16 years old btw) that I need it because most of what I need it is "just to play some games". but since my birthday passed last January, they finally almost agreed to get me a new laptop for gaming. So I started searching and was confused on what I laptop I want to choose so I asked my dad what is the maximum price, he wouldn't accept to say but otherwise told me to write the specs I need in a paper and he will search for the laptop with those specs.
So it's a little hard for me to write the specs down since I don;t know a lot about the graphics card models and the processors.
So my request is: If I want to play new games that have been released recently or still to be released on medium settings such as Thief, Watch Dogs, Crysis 3, AC IV etc. , what should be the specs for a minimum price but still run at meduim graphic settings and without a lot of lagging.

This is the list I made for now so tell me what should I change or add to it please:
Processor: Intel Core i5 3rd generation
RAM: 6 GB
Graphics Card: Nvida GT 645

Thanks a lot for reading and sorry for a long post, all replies will be very appreciated

The specs you have posted is pretty descent. (well the gpu could be a little better)
But i think it would be easier if we suggested some laptops for you.

If you could find me a laptop that could play the games I mentioned on medium settings and a fair price I would be really glad, while I still prefer stating the minimum specs I need because of the different models and the availability of the computers in my country

6Gb ram won't do much for you. That GPU also isn't great for gaming. win 7 is the best OS for gaming too. in 8 is really crappy.. I can look around a bit for a decent gaming laptop. But we'd need an around estimate on the budget..

@bikerecho: No, they don't ship to anywhere other than the US, but if you could tell me a couple of models and I'll see if they are available here.

@Life: Then what do you think are the specs, because I have no idea about the budget because my dad refuses to tell me how much he is willing to pay so could please write me a list of specs that I need to run games like Thief 4, Watch Dogs, The Witcher 2, Dark Souls 2 on MEDIUM settings wthout too much lag.

If I were you man, I'd pump up the GPU to GTX 660m, the flagship of the mid-range, and downgrade the OS to Win7. Everything else looks fine to me.

@bk_123: nope It can't be a desktop I need a laptop to carry to school. As for the budget, The laptop you suggested is too expensive. The laptop you posted is 3999 AED I probably can pay up to 2700 AED, I hope that gave you an idea of how much I could spend. Thanks! :D
@smart_guy Thank you for the suggestions but wouldn't the gpu you suggested highly increase the price?

It will increase the price, but the main purpose is to be able to play those games well enough first, then to have a price as low as possible for that! GTX 645m is underpowered!

Well, at least be in the middle and get a GTX 650m if u cannot afford it!

Better safe than sorry!

Back
Top Bottom