Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-12-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Exclamation Help with buying a laptop!

So I'm gearing up for my first year of university this coming September and I need a laptop. I have a fairly new rig at home that I use for all my gaming and everything important so this laptop will be just for school.

I live in Canada and use NCIX as my source for all computer related accessories so I'll want to be shipping my laptop with them.

As I said, I will only be needing the laptop for general uses and internet shenanigans so my budget is fairly low. I was hoping to get a decent one for $500CND or less. I don't know much about laptops but i was thinking something with at least 80GB HD (i'll still want songs and pictures and whatnot), maybe a dual-core processor. Nothing exciting as far as GPU's go. 15.4" screen? All from a reputable brand. Also, I don't know how some ship theirs but a webcam would be nice and maybe even an SD card slot seeing as I recently broke my USB adapter.

The $500 is not set in stone it's just something I'd like to see since i have close to $2000 into my rig at home, so if it's unrealistic to get something half-decent at that price, just let me know.

And if anyone does have any suggestions an ncix link would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!
Kevo274 is offline   Reply With Quote