I am new to this forum, so here goes...
I have started up a YouTube channel with my friends, and we have currently uploaded 2 videos, rendered from my 3 year old Toshiba Satellite L650D laptop.
Problem is, rendering content I record off of my AverMedia capture card is EXTREMELY slow (about 4 hours for a 500-600MB file), even when reducing bitrate and other factors in my Camtasia Studio 7 render settings.
I ran Task Manager last time I rendered a project, and my RAM was almost maxed out (around 3.9GB used) and the CPU was averaging at 96%. The laptop overheats almost every render I try, unless I put it in my freezing garage!
Not only do I want to get a new computer to render faster, but also to not overheat continuously... So, as a school kid with homework burdens and YouTube dreams, I need some help to create a computer to suit both needs!
I have done some brief research, but I cannot say for sure what I want, so I have some questions:
1. What CPU/RAM/GPU is recommended for fast rendering?
2. Custom built or pre-made?
3. Which brands of CPU/RAM/GPU are most reliable/affordable/powerful compared to others?
4. Are there any other components needed for fast rendering?
5. I may use it for gaming in the future, so what is a decent graphics card needed to run Minecraft sufficiently?
6. Does a good motherboard matter for render? If so, most cost-effective?
I have a £500-650 budget to work with, but if anything that pushes slightly above it makes a dramatic improvement, please post!
Also, I would like a nice HD screen to work with, so I need ideas for a cheap, but high-quality one.
Thanks for your help!
NOTE: IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A PC, IT CAN BE A REALLY GOOD LAPTOP!