Help Building a New Computer

snakenobi

Beta member
I am building a new computer,please help me build it.
I normally only learn about computer hardware when i am buying or upgrading the hardware and then i lose track.So i might not know a few things though i have mentioned all my queries below.
I am trying to build a system that would last and as interconnected and wireless as possible.
I will be using it for :

Video Games
Video Editing
Audio Editing
Image Editing
Display forPC,TV,PS3
Heaphones for TV,PC,PS3,Phone(if Headphone are bluetooth)
Router for 2 home PC,1 phone,Media Server,PS3,TV(if Display is internet connected)
Dual Shock 3 Connection
Virtual OS operations
Hackintosh(So only Intel processors)
DLNA - Media Server,Android devices,Apple devices
Wireless File and Date Transfer to PC - Android with bluetooth to PC

Products and Technology :
CPUProcessor - 4-6 Cores,Overclock Support
Motherboard - PCE-E,USB,SATA,Ethernet,DVI,HDMI 1.4,Display Port,Wi-Fi,Bluetooth,Optical Audio,Integrated Card Support,Overclock Support,multi-GPU support
GPUGraphic Card - Memory,Multiple Display Support,3D Displays,Dual GPU,Resolution 1080p or better
HDD - 2 -3.5tb
RAM - 8+gb
Display - 24 -27inch,Resolution 1080p or more,Contrasts,Colors,DVI,Display Ports,HDMI,Wi-fi,USB,Bluetooth,Speakers,Headphones
Speakers - More Channels,Wireless Streaming
Headphones - Noise Cancellation,Microphone,Blue-tooth,Wireless,More Channels,Bluetooth,Battery Life
Router - Gigabit Ethernet,Wireless standard N.Good Wireless bandwidth,NAS,DLNA
Heatsinks and Coolers
Power Supply

Some Question's from my side :
CPU :

Xeon gaming and normal apps - How is Xeon on Gaming and Normal PC applications?
i7 Extreme Sandy Bridge - Is this required for my usage and will it be worth it?
Core i7 First Gen Core systems - So Sandy Bridge Extreme Processors are very expensive but 970 and 980 6 core Westmere CPU's cost only $500.Is that a bargain and Is buying 1 year old processors good?

i7 2600K - Will this be enought for me?
i5 2500K - Will this be enought for me?

Core vs thread - so AMD vs Intel,AMD provides more Cores but Intel does threading.Whats the difference?
Duration Without Update - How long each of them will be enough to perform the heavy task applications,2-3 years?
Motherboard :

Sound Card - Is it Required or Motherboard will take care of it
Wi-Fi Card - Is it Required or Motherboard will take care of it
Blue-tooth Card - Is it Required or Motherboard will take care of it
SATA 3 and PCI-E 3
Duration Without Update - How long will this be enough to perform the heavy task applications,2-3 years?
RAM :

Channels - How many channels is good?
Speed - Whats the difference between different 'mhz'?
Duratin Without Update - How long will this be enough to perform the heavy task applications,2-3 years?
GPU:

Cores - I read this when checking out Nvidia Cards,they have 100's of cores.What do they mean?
Speed - How much is good as in 'hz'?
Bandwidth - How much bandwidth is good?
Duration Without Update - How long will latest GPU's be enough to perform the heavy task applications,2-3 years?
Display:
What Aspect ratio should the Display have as WEB is designed 4:3 and many movies have 21:9 ratio.
Do the multidisplays connection to GPU share resolution in output of do they have 2 x resolutions coming out of GPU?
Heatsinks and Coolers:
Are liquid Coolers really required?
Fans vs Liquid Coolers?
Are heatsinks required?
What all components can and should have heatsinks and cooler?I see them on RAM these days
Wireless :
Wireless Headphones,Keyboard,Mouse,Router - What does range in 'HZ' mean
Will different wireless technologies interfere with each other?
Speakers and Headphones - Standard - What do different Standards like dolby,true HD differ?
Power Supply - How Many Watts Should my Power Supply be and what all Sockets Should it have?
Keyboard
- Do i need to my two keyboards? Ergonomic keyboards for typing and SonyApple Wireless keyboard or just one?
Mouse - Do i need to my two mouse? Ergonomic mouse for gaming and MicrosoftApple touch mouse or just one?
Optical Drive - Should I buy a Blu-ray Drive?
Webcam
- I Don't Video Chat much and have iphone as a video chat,should it buy one?
Printer
- I make alot of notes and i like them clean and formatted but should i go far to buy a printer on do it on paper and phone
Tablet or netbook or ultrabook
- I have an iphone 64gb and will have a good PC.Is there a need for medium screen portable device?

Please Help in the following way:
Technology - As in what all tech is needed to make it possible like technical information like cores,wi-fi,pci express,aspect ratio,memory,etc
Products - Products on the market that will make it all possible like Intel,Nvidia,Evga,Asus,Apple,Cisco,etc and their different product lineup's.
Suggestions - Suggest what configurations will be good for my usage like xeon,core i extreme,core i7,12gb ram,etc

Back
Top Bottom