Help building a gaming computer

Spec said:
I Disagree. but oh well...i <3 AMD

Prove where a X6800 scores lower than an FX-60 :rolleyes: Even an E6600 beats out a FX-62, and dont even talk about what damage a Q6600 or Q6700 can do.

Tech N9ne said:
Ohh okay so its kinda like mine? its a hyper threading i dont know if that is the same as duo but yeah i think that one you built is pretty good except i might choose a new case that my freind has its silent and ill need to throw in some new heatsinks for the GPU Cpu and probally a chipset cooler
hyperthreading and dual core aren't the same. dual core is like having two processors. It's one processor with two cores so it can actually do two things at once without any lag (such as a game and a virus scan at the same time). Hyperthreading just splits threads so they go through the processor than a standard single core processor but there is still lag when multitasking, just less than with a standard pentium 4. Basically, dual core is the best thing for multitasking because it's like having two brains in one head.

faith4 said:
case NZXT
Processor intel core 2 duo
Mobo Gigabyte DS3
GPU XFX
HDD Seagate
Ram Corsair
PSU Antec

comes to about $1338 range without tax + delivery.
if $1400 is total with tax and all. go with the 1gb ram of the same brand. $100 cheaper.

I agree with that build 99%. That really looks great. The 1 thing I would do instead of getting such expensive RAM, I'd get OCZ Gold XTC 2GB RAM instead, unless OCZ is not good for Intels. Looks to be almost identical to Corsair's 2GB for $100 less.

Now I'd take that extra money and either save it, or you could improve that GFX card. That extra $100 could get you an X1900GT. Seems like it's an anti-aliasing beast. Having almost twice the bandwidth of the 7600GT would be beneficial for anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering. Plus, 3 times as many shader pipelines, with an even better core clock than the 7600GT, and I think it even has 12 that are locked! (though I'm not entirely sure about that little bit) I'm sure you can unlock them with a flash or some other kind of mod, if they are locked.

I'm really new to all this Conroe stuff, so OCZ RAM may not be the best choice. I've actually never used OCZ RAM, but I've heard it's really good, for AMD systems at least. If it is as good and as reliable as the Corsair, I'd say go ahead and save the money.

Like I always say, it's your money and you do whatever you want. I don't want to force you into getting something you don't want to get. Just a suggestion.

All new video cards have laser cut pipelines, so that means no unlocking whatsoever. OCZ is very good, at least their platinum line. Their gold line is okay. I would go with what THEpiGUY said.

Back
Top Bottom