help on building computer

Coz1

Baseband Member
hi this is gona be my first computer ive ever built ive picked these parts there quiet cheep except the prossesor :( but can you guys add your imput if these will work together or theres a better one out and if posible the parts im mising ...i bet theres a lot..

1. Aspire Blue X-Cruiser Case ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB, Audio and Firewire Ports

2. EPoX EP-9NPAJ Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard

3.(prossesor) ethier amd or pentium 4

4. Rosewill 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory

5. ATRIX PSCI-500BLK ATX12V 500W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CE,
CB, FCC (I dont know if this is the right kind or not or if its any good)

6. LINKSKEY LKG-6100 10/100/1000Mbps PCI Network Adapter 1x RJ-45

7. Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST3160021A 160GB 7200 RPM 2MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM

8.(graphics card) nivida, havent picked one

9.(floppy drive)

10. (sound card) which is a good one

11. (cd drive) havent picked one

Go amd. No doubt if you are building a comp these days get an amd. The atlon 64 is a good model. Also with that mobo u have to get an amd. The sockets only match with athlon 64's. Also I would invest in some more ram. If you have a Fry's near u check their adds in the paper they have great dual channel ram for about 60 bux.

It's like the next best thing to Newegg, but an actual retail store with low prices too. There's only a few of them here in southern california and none around me, lol.

Hey, well, first off, the comps looking alright, but I need to know info: What are you going to be doing with this comp? High-end Gaming? Video editing? Or just surfing the web, editing word docs, playing online or low res games? And, what's your budget? Well, skipping those questions, amd is the way to go either way, or any way. They're cheaper, cooler, and faster. Apps are getting a lot more power hungry, and I would recommend getting 1 gig. Of course, if your budget can't support it, 512mb is fine, just don't plan on being able to mulititask a lot of things and have a smooth comp. For graphics, nvidia is pretty good. For me, I prefer ati, but I have used both. at the high end, it really doesn't matter. Ati's x850xl PE is on par with the 6800 ultra and is better than the GT. A 6800 regular or gt would suffice for anything. But, I don't know your budget, so I'll suggest some lower end cards. 6200 is good too, but a step up and you get 6600's and the GT version. Floppy drives are going out of date... just get a usb drive. Thousands of floopies on a small 2-3 inch device. A lot better. A good sound card would be the sound blaster audigy zs but for less $$$ a regular 24-bit low end sound blaster card will suffice. For cd drives, get a dvd-rom, because it's plenty fast. But for less, just settle with a regular cd-rom drive. Then, if you can, get a second optical drive, a dvd burner, dvd-rw +/-, and also have that same drive be a cd-rw drive, with speeds for the dvd at least 8x and the cd 48x. If ou can only stick with one drive, then be sure to get a drive that is cd-rw capable, so you can burn cd's. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom