Help Build My New PC

Low spec sytem:

Amd athlon xp 3200+
512mb of corsair value select
abit nf7 or summat mobo(some1 will correct that!!)
geforce 6600gt graphics card
120 gig hard drive maxtor or western digital -make sure it has atleast 8mb cache!

Hey, why are AMD's better then Pentium? There certainly more money.

WHat about this CPU : Intel P4-550 3.4GHz LGA775 seems, reasonable, and pretty cheap for a 3.4GHz

And what about this motherboard:
ASUS P4C800E-DLX Intel 875P, 800MHz FSB, Dual DDR400

And this video card:
Sapphire Radeonâ„¢ 9600XT 256MB DDR TV-Out, DVI

And this Hard drive:
Western Digital 160GB w/ 8MB cache

And this sound card:
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS w/ 1394

What's the opinions from you guys on this setup?

Hey Sassafrass. www.canadacomputers.com.

I don't know exactly where you are but these guys are the best in Toronto that I have found. They are located in Markham, Toronto, Mississauga and a few other locations. Very rare to find someone to beat them. AMD makes a more stable cpu than Intel does. I've had them both and now all 8 of my computers have AMD cpus. If you can give me an actual number figure of what you want to spend I will set you up.

Cheap but good.

AMD Mobile 2500+
DFI Lanparty Motherboard
OCZ 2x512 Dual Channel Ram
WD HD (Depending on how much memory and money. I'd go SATA)
Sapphire Radeon 9600 is decent enough :)

And the rest just depends on money.

Sassafrass said:
I dont need prices or places to buy these items, I can handle that I just want to know what anyone would recommend for things to get, cause I have no idea whats good.

I'm sorry I dont have a budget I dont know what you want me to say, I dont know what I'll spend, I just want names to find out prices to see how much in the end I'm lookin at

Sorry bro, I dont know what i want tos pend as I already stated.
Unless you work at canadacomputers.com and u get things for half price, I can look up the stuff there myself, I dont mean to sound like an ass, I know its hard to recommand things without a budget, but I dont know at this point.

I know. I saw that afterwards :D I was just suggesting the best place to buy your parts this way you can spend the same amount as anywhere else but for much better parts. ;) Or spend less in general ;)

Back
Top Bottom