HELP! Brand new computer crashing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loop Marine

Solid State Member
Hello, I've just bought a new custom built computer, but it's just crashing all the time and I can't figure out the problem

It worked okay after I installed Windows 7, and after I installed the motherboard drivers. But when I went online and installed AMD catalyst (and the video drivers) it began to crash frequently to this blank, pale blue screen with vertical stripes.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers, (Reinstalling, not uninstalling and installing again) and despite all the guides, I just can't figure out how to do a fresh Win7 install either. I have

AMD FX 4170
HD Radeon 7950

It doesn't crash in safe mode!

If you can suggest anything, thanks!! I'm quite worried, no idea what to do

Okay, I did a fresh installation of windows, starting from scratch

I installed the catalyst drivers again successfully, but have just now suffered another crash. This one was different, it just restarted. These little bugs and glitches were jittering around the screen intermittantly, but seem to have stopped now

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Update: the glitches are ongoing really badly an my computer is crashing again like it was before

What did I do wrong :/

Okay, but how will I be able to play games without drivers installed? Is there an alternative?

Also, how can I uninstall the catalyst drivers from safe mode

Thank you

Manually install the driver for the graphics card. Do not install the Catalyst software.

Okay, thank you!

Where am I likely to find the driver for a 7950? Because I've looked all over google and the amd website and all arrows point to catalyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom