Help with B.S.O.D

arjhay

Baseband Member
I got a Blue Screen of Death just now and it says..

"Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Start up options, and then select safe mode."

That's the message I saw.. and i don't really understand it. I don't know what to do. Maybe this is the reason why my PC keeps on freezing/hangs.
And when I sent the error in Microsoft.. I got this response..

Crash Cause Unknown: Consider BIOS Upgrade

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Problem Description
Microsoft is unable to determine what specifically caused the problem you reported.

Consider BIOS Upgrade
During the crash analysis, we noticed the BIOS version on this computer does not match the specifications for the processor that is installed on your computer. This can occur when a newer processor is installed on an older system board or older BIOS. Using a BIOS that does not support the installed processor can result in Windows system crashes. Please contact your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer for an updated version of BIOS for your computer's processor.

Important: Upgrading the BIOS version may require moderate to advanced troubleshooting skills. If you are uncomfortable with performing these steps, you may want to consider consulting with paid technical support.
If your computer contains an Intel processor, you can use special utilities to identify your specific processor.

It's from this website...

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/respons...313e45&SID=1445

Please Help. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom