Help with ATI gpu's

EricM

Daemon Poster
Well I am slightly nvidia bias soo i wanted some help with ATI's graphics since i really dont know much about how their product line works. I got a few simple questions about their products since I am lost in the world of ATI. So to begin the X1800 series could be compared to what series of nvidia? The 7800'S? What is the diff between the xl and the xt? is it just the higher memory on the xt? and is it like the 7800gt and the 7800gtx? And now for the X1900... could that be compared to the 7900 series? What is the diff between the x1800xt and the xtx? sorry its a lot of questions but i am building a new rig and i just need a video card and i dont know which one to go with and I am trying to keep an open mind about ati products.. but so far its between nvidia 7600gt, 7900gt, and ati x1800xl.

I'll try to answer some of them, I'm a nVidia fan myself so not too familiar with ati but I do know something.

Yes, the x1800 series is quite close to the 7800 series
Same thing with the x1900 and 7900

And the xt and xtx versions are usually quite similar, atleast with the x1900 series I don't think there is alot of difference, the xtx has a little bit faster clock speeds, and maybe some other small differences.

Yeah, thats about it. And well, as I said I'm a nVidia fan so I'd suggest u to stick with nVidia ;)

mammikoura said:
Yes, the x1800 series is quite close to the 7800 series
Same thing with the x1900 and 7900
Same thing??? as you sayign the X1900 series comes close to the 7900 series?

Well if i do go nvidia its between the 7600gt and if i want to fork out a bit of extra cash for the 7900gt. I am not a hardcore gamer so i dont want to get a 7900gtx or a x1900xt.

the 7600GT and the X1800GTO i think would be on the same range or the X1800XT to the 7900GT maybe

NeXuS said:
Same thing??? as you sayign the X1900 series comes close to the 7900 series?

yes, thats what I'm saying. Compare the X1900XT and the 7900GT and they are quite close, compare the x1900XTX and the 7900GTX and they are almost identical in performance.

NeXuS said:
it doesent come close it beats the 7900GTX :D
yeah, but I said almost identical.
Now in most of the game test the difference is someting like 0-3 fps.
And that kinda difference is really hard to notice without an fps meter.

i wasnt lookiing for which beats which in peoples opinions i just wanted to know what ati gpus are compared to nvidias... so i got a good idea now i have to decide on a card. maybe the 7900gt.

Back
Top Bottom