Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-17-2009, 04:45 AM   #1
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 43
Default help appreciated thanks guys.

So i am trying to decide on a New graphics card yes another one of these forums but im in a pickle.
This is the Geforce its 90 bucks and i think is better. see im a tard and need help. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814162007
this has a 2year warranty.

This is my other option
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814129129
its cheaper i think about just as good. But this has a lifetime warranty and well CHEAPER but they both seem about the same the Geforce has i think 32 processors or 16 But the visionteck has 320 Please help thanks you guys.

I would like to run crysis not on max but like just playable and fun graphics and Age of Conan and well if it can run thoughs good i think itll run anything.


This has also been brought into the choice http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161260

by worshipme im confused idk which 2 get
__________________

rorschachzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:53 AM   #2
Fully Optimized
 
Prodigy146's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,751
Send a message via AIM to Prodigy146 Send a message via MSN to Prodigy146 Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigy146
Default Re: help appreciated thanks guys.

the 9600gt has a $20 rebate so in the long run there the same price. the 9600gt is 15-20fps faster than the hd 3850.

the stream processors are different because ati and nvidia use different coding schemes, ati: brown+. nvidia: CUDA. ati's stream processors are much simpler and slower than nvidas stream processors, nvidias stream processors run at faster clocks and are alot more advanced than ati's stream processors.. basically nvidias processors equal out to nvidias. i dont know much about it so i could be wrong.

What resolution do you play at? there might be a better card for you than a 9600gt
__________________

__________________
[Proc: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.6ghz] [Motherboard: Asus 870 M4A87TD EVO]
[GPU: Asus 5770 Crossfire] [PSU: Corsair 650 12v53a] [Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2]
[RAM: Patriot 4GB DDR3 1600] [Case: Antec 300 Illusion] [HDD: 2x WD 640GB Raid 0]
Prodigy146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:00 AM   #3
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 43
Default Re: help appreciated thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy146 View Post
the 9600gt has a $20 rebate so in the long run there the same price. the 9600gt is 15-20fps faster than the hd 3850.

the stream processors are different because ati and nvidia use different coding schemes, ati: brown+. nvidia: CUDA. ati's stream processors are much simpler and slower than nvidas stream processors, nvidias stream processors run at faster clocks and are alot more advanced than ati's stream processors.. basically nvidias processors equal out to nvidias. i dont know much about it so i could be wrong.

What resolution do you play at? there might be a better card for you than a 9600gt
17inch screen for like searchn the web its at 1280x1024 but for games ill do lower res's for better performance
rorschachzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:25 AM   #4
Fully Optimized
 
Prodigy146's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,751
Send a message via AIM to Prodigy146 Send a message via MSN to Prodigy146 Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigy146
Default Re: help appreciated thanks guys.

nah man the 9600gt performs 110% at 1280x1024. you can play any game out right now on high settings at that res with the 9600gt. but it uses alot of power, you need a good power supply to run it

What kind of computer do you have?
__________________
[Proc: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.6ghz] [Motherboard: Asus 870 M4A87TD EVO]
[GPU: Asus 5770 Crossfire] [PSU: Corsair 650 12v53a] [Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2]
[RAM: Patriot 4GB DDR3 1600] [Case: Antec 300 Illusion] [HDD: 2x WD 640GB Raid 0]
Prodigy146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:42 AM   #5
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 43
Default Re: help appreciated thanks guys.

lol just a HP it was a prebuilt but i just want a new video card its power supply is 300w im upgrading that to to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817162024
or
this if it gets back in stock 2 marow http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817342015 ide like this one but god they run out of stock fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorschachzzx View Post
lol just a HP it was a prebuilt but i just want a new video card its power supply is 300w im upgrading that to to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817162024
or
this if it gets back in stock 2 marow http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817342015 ide like this one but god they run out of stock fast.

also think the tuner they have come with it is a good one have you herd of it?
rorschachzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:46 AM   #6
Golden Master
 
worshipme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,603
Default Re: help appreciated thanks guys.

If you can, go with the HD 4830, it's a fair bit faster than the 9600 at around the same price.

As for the SPs, ATi and Nv. count them differently, it's not that one is more advanced than the other.
__________________
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:23 PM   #7
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 43
Default Re: help appreciated thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worshipme View Post
If you can, go with the HD 4830, it's a fair bit faster than the 9600 at around the same price.

As for the SPs, ATi and Nv. count them differently, it's not that one is more advanced than the other.
I dont see how though it just looks like it wont be faster or as fast the galaxy mem clock is 2k already 200more there and core clock is 100 more then the 4830 is there a reason why it would be more faster??

bump
rorschachzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
Golden Master
 
worshipme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,603
Default Re: help appreciated thanks guys.

Quote:
I dont see how though it just looks like it wont be faster or as fast the galaxy mem clock is 2k already 200more there and core clock is 100 more then the 4830 is there a reason why it would be more faster??
Core clock and memory clock have nothing to do with how fast the card is, it's a completely different architecture to the 9600GT.

Just lookie here. They don't test the 9600 but it's performance is between the HD 4670 and the 9800GT
__________________
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #9
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 43
Default Re: help appreciated thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worshipme View Post
Core clock and memory clock have nothing to do with how fast the card is, it's a completely different architecture to the 9600GT.

Just lookie here. They don't test the 9600 but it's performance is between the HD 4670 and the 9800GT

im getting the the one u suggested plus stalker imean ill play it lol/ people on the reviews about the one u suggested are saying that its like set to 560 streamers or something when it says it has like 640 and to run a program calld GPU-Z see if its set to 640 and if not flash ur bios which uhh/ what???

// if you have ATI or just know weres the best place to update drivers and should i get catalyst or w/e people are talking about
rorschachzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #10
Omnipotent One
 
Atomic Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 11,161
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: help appreciated thanks guys.

Here's another Topower that would be better than the Broadway you selected: TOPOWER XPT Series TOP-500XPT 500W. It's more reliable and provides more amps across the 12V rails.

You can grab the latest ATI drivers here: ATI Drivers & Tools

__________________

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0