Help Anyone Who Knows Codes???

The next time i started my computer i got a black screen that said the following

"Windows could not start...

System file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

So now i have no option but to ask Mark to re-instal the operating system....

No one here seems to know exactly what the codes i have posted are,i mean theres been comments that it points to RAM but i would be inclined to think the codes are more definitive then that....Maybe it was something to do with the original instal....

I have a new instal,the only thing i added was Avast anti virus...It did blue screen...I tried another drive that had a OS on it...It blue screened...I have 6 days to determine if its the mother board...After that 6 days i will not be able to return it to Newegg.....

I spent some time on the phone with Newegg support who posed the question if the mother board would support Windows XP....I called MSI and at MSI they said it would.....

I am wondering if a bad memory stick could possibly still pass memtest.....

Theres a solution to this problem...Its just a matter of finding it...I hope i can find that solution in less then a month of trying differant things....

Yes, it is possible for a memory stick to pass memtest and still be bad, but it is very rare.

I'd recommend getting an RMA for the motherboard; and if you doubt the memory, then get that replaced, too.

I called MSI...The tech is inclined to think its the motherboard..When i asked about the board as to if it was one that was problematic he said no they are actually very good...

I was able to find a computer store that let me borrow a stick of RAM just to test and see how it did....So i put the stick in,the guy also gave me a DVD drive so i could instal drivers from the DVD instead of the Live Update tool..So far its stable..I am leaving it on over night.....We'll see if i wake up to a blue screen or not....

One more blue screen and the motherboard goes back.....Also i was able to eliminate the yellow question marks i saw in the device manager via the dvd and the Live Update...

The Live Update tool though is confusing...It scans and shows i need something,so i down load and instal it,reboot and scan and it STILL shows as i need it...

Anyway....I am really hoping things are cured......

With the new stick of RAM the systrm seems to be stable..Be it the RAM or the use of the DVD the motherboard came with it seems to be stable now...I say that with some hesitation...I'll be more confident come monday...But i am going to start loading up the drive with some programs and such....

Its kind of like when you move into a new place only with this theres no heavy lifting....

Back
Top Bottom