Help Anyone Who Knows Codes???

PhotoJedi

Solid State Member
Hi everyone...My name is Erik...I bought all new computer parts from Newegg.com..My neighbor whos computer oriented put it together for me and installed the OS....For anti-virus i went with Avast.....My old computer was fairly old so in my upgrade even very basic was twice as fast as what i had....But its blue screening and i dont know if its a virus,driver issues or computer parts themselves....Here are some of the error codes i am getting...And this is windows XP.....

0x0000008E (0x80000004, 0x805E58D6, 0xA6BBE4F8, 0x00000000)

0x0000000A (0x6E60A5F1, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x805E585D)

0x0000008E (0x80000004, 0x805E585D, 0xA78F84F8, 0x00000000)

And the last blue screen said the following........

Problem Seems To Be Caused by win32k.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

win32k.sys. address BF818E64 based at BF800000 Date Stamp 4f0f0ff9

Any help would be great....I am currently doing a scan in safe mode... My computer is as follows..Mother Board is MSI 890GXM G65,Memory is Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800), CPU is AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana 3.3GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor,the drive is a 2TB drive and its powered by Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W Continuous @40°C,80 PLUS Certified, Single 12V Rail, Active PFC :Thanx:

Page faults tend to be a result of a bad RAM stick.

I'd check to make sure your RAM is properly installed (even the best of us can accidentally leave a stick unlocked), then download and run memtest86+ for a good 24 hours.

If you get any failures with memtest, then you have a bad stick or (unlikely, but it does happen) bad NorthBridge on the motherboard.

Page faults tend to be a result of a bad RAM stick.

I'd check to make sure your RAM is properly installed (even the best of us can accidentally leave a stick unlocked), then download and run memtest86+ for a good 24 hours.

If you get any failures with memtest, then you have a bad stick or (unlikely, but it does happen) bad NorthBridge on the motherboard.

I'd just like to second this. You can also use an Ubuntu Live CD to run Memtest

Hey guys thankyou....Micron form what i was told is pretty solid stuff...This was $35.00 so it was fairly cheap...You buy cheap you usually get cheap...

On another forum a guy said he thought it was a driver issue...I'll copy and paste below what he said >>>>>>>>>

"win32k.sys is a driver extension in windows.

0xA is typically a memory pooling error caused by a driver.

0x8e is tends to be seen with RAM errors as well as not having the latest updates.
Download Service pack 3. Download ALL the windows updates. Download, and install ALL the latest drivers for your hardware. (the ones that come on the disk tend to be old drivers."

I dont know if you'd agree with this or not???.....Hey do either of you guys need a picture or two edited?...I can take a picture that you have taken and make it look a lot better.... =)

I'd recommend making sure your memory is good before trying to install new drivers... you can imagine the chaos that could ensue if a bad memory corrupted a service-pack install. :eek:

I will pass this on to my neighbor Mark...He said there was a tool you can down load that tells you exactly what each error code mean....

I have a 0ne gig stick of ram from my old computer but don't know if it will fit the new motherboard...

Thanks for the input Ohsnapword....

I take it none of you need any photo work done?....Well then i guess its a thankyou....This has been very frustrating and i cant wait to get all this out of the way so i can focus on shooting and editing......

When i start it now it just blue screens or blue screens shortly after starting up...Now if it is the ram i just have to deal with shipping it back to Newegg and getting it replaced....

I will pass this on to my neighbor Mark...He said there was a tool you can down load that tells you exactly what each error code mean....

I have a 0ne gig stick of ram from my old computer but don't know if it will fit the new motherboard...

Thanks for the input Ohsnapword....

I take it none of you need any photo work done?....Well then i guess its a thankyou....This has been very frustrating and i cant wait to get all this out of the way so i can focus on shooting and editing......

When i start it now it just blue screens or blue screens shortly after starting up...Now if it is the ram i just have to deal with shipping it back to Newegg and getting it replaced....

You still have yet to do what we suggested in the first place. Just run a memtest. Without factoring that out of the equation, we really can't make any other estimates as to what might be wrong. Not to mention, any error code can be caused by bad RAM. Literally anything.

Heary...The image does not display..If its a picture you took i can make adjustments to it.An image that was taken by someone else i can not..It has to do with copy right laws....

Does anyone know the reputation of MSI motherboards?....That is if the motherboard would be suspect in any of this? Or would it definately be either drivers or memory?

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Gibson....Thankyou...I cant get the system to boot it keeps blue screening and i dont want to further damage anything...Can you do a memory test in safe mode?....That or i might just try switching out the memory with another stick of it if i can get my hands on one....

Heary...The image does not display..If its a picture you took i can make adjustments to it.An image that was taken by someone else i can not..It has to do with copy right laws....

Does anyone know the reputation of MSI motherboards?....That is if the motherboard would be suspect in any of this? Or would it definately be either drivers or memory?

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Gibson....Thankyou...I cant get the system to boot it keeps blue screening and i dont want to further damage anything...Can you do a memory test in safe mode?....That or i might just try switching out the memory with another stick of it if i can get my hands on one....

MSI boards, if you buy their upper tier stuff, are quite good.

Don't worry about damaging anything. You aren't going to hurt anything by running a Memtest.

Memtest boots in it's own environment off of a disk. It shouldn't crash at all when you're running it, it'll just report errors, and what caused them. Your best bet is just to download Memtest86+, burn it to a disk, and let it run for a few hours. Really it should only take around 5 passes to see if there are any errors.

EDIT: His image isn't showing because it was removed by whoever was hosting it. Please make another thread though for that, let's focus on your hardware problems in this thread. I'm not an admin, but I'm sure they would agree with me on that, and it will really make it easier for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom