help:any advice on how i can speed up my pc?

memory here in the philippines are expensive... what board do u suggest? and can i use the parts i have now and transfer it to the new board? like the video card, sound card, processor... etc...

noypi said:
memory here in the philippines are expensive... what board do u suggest? and can i use the parts i have now and transfer it to the new board? like the video card, sound card, processor... etc...

Well assuming you dont have a Socket 939 Board, Which you probally dont.

I would look into a Board Made by ASROCK, it supports AGP and PCI-X for future expansion, along with IDE and SATA, and DDR Memory.

But if you dont want to buy a new Mobo/and Proc we will need to know what is the Exact Model of your motherboard and Processor??

I will need to know the Socket of your Mobo, so I can help you find a NEW motherboard.

You can find the model mainboard by taking the side off you case and looking at the motherboard, ussually there will be a brand name and model number on the board itself, it can be in differnet locations though.

another way to help us out is go to start/run/type (dxdiag)

and copy and paste what it says about your processor

Let us know, Thanks

id recomend for your comp if u want to play games get the nvida 7600 geforce agv slot
it will run u about120$
then id say sell both ram and if your mother bord cna handel it just get one stick of 1g ram
or if not get 2 512 sticks

my mobo is p4xp-x asus... i have a 2.g gig pro. and my memory is 768 mb.... i though have 4 slots for ddr.. but theres only 2 slots for ddr and 2 slots for sdram... or is it.. im not sure if its for sdram.. i havent' checked... but im sure its not for ddr coz it didn't fit...

lambofgod
"I would look into a Board Made by ASROCK, it supports AGP and PCI-X for future expansion, along with IDE and SATA, and DDR Memory."

what asrock? asrock775i65gv or asrock775vm8?

or atleast give me the complete parts, so i could assemble a new cpu. like what mobo, proc, how much memory, what kind of video card, power supply etc... so i could look it up and see how much it would cost me... (this is for gaming and office work internet based)

noypi said:
lambofgod
"I would look into a Board Made by ASROCK, it supports AGP and PCI-X for future expansion, along with IDE and SATA, and DDR Memory."

what asrock? asrock775i65gv or asrock775vm8?

or atleast give me the complete parts, so i could assemble a new cpu. like what mobo, proc, how much memory, what kind of video card, power supply etc... so i could look it up and see how much it would cost me... (this is for gaming and office work internet based)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157097

this is the ASrock board

and here is a CPU that will fit into the Socket 939

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103535

so, what about the other parts? whats do u advice for the video card? and how much memory? 1 gig enough? and power supply? give me an exact specs of a cpu... athlon is cheaper here...

i saw the proc u said... its only 2.0 gig.. i have 2.4gig...? is that better than my 2.4 gig proc?

Lamb is this the mobo AMD ATHLON 64 3000+ BOXED TYPE 64BIT S-939 will it fit to my casing? is it the same casing as the casing for p4?

pls reply

noypi said:
so, what about the other parts? whats do u advice for the video card? and how much memory? 1 gig enough? and power supply? give me an exact specs of a cpu... athlon is cheaper here...

i saw the proc u said... its only 2.0 gig.. i have 2.4gig...? is that better than my 2.4 gig proc?

Are you goals changing here? originally i thought you slowly wanted to upgrade your system.

If you want to buy basically a whole new system, then we will be chaning some things.

You need to let me know how much you want to spend, what you want to use the system for, ect...

We can use your old case if you would like,

As Long as it is an ATX style case which it probally is.

but still double check this,

Also an AMD 64 3200+ will perform much like a 3.2 GHZ intel Proc.

so its like going form your 2.4GHZ to a 3.2 GHZ

Back
Top Bottom