Help again please

BoffNOT

Beta member
Can anybody please tell me if the nvidia 6200 256 mB is backwards compatible to 4x. The reason being is that I have a reasonably old PC, about three years, and apparently the motherboard only supports 2x and 4x graphics cards. I think I have read somewhere that it will work on my motherboard but it is a lot of hassle if I go and buy one and then have to return it etc.
I would also be obliged if somebody could tell me whether the performance of the card will be seriously affected by using it in my PC.
I suspect it is time for an upgrade but I would like to get this card for the time being if possible.
Thank you.

Well it depends to your second question, do you have intergrated graphics or what previous card do you have, also does it say on the card specs that it needs 8x AGP to run it, or does it say between or something?

Thank you for your reply. My previous card is an nvidia MX400 64mB and I need a larger card to work a bit of photographic software. I think I read on an ad somewhere that the 6200 is backwards compatible to 4x. It may even have been eBay as I have been trawling thru there trying to get to grips with the various cards available.
I only found out today that my motherboard is virtually obsolete as it is a three year old Asus board.
I am just a step above useless with computers but figured if I hung around here a while I might just learn something. Hopefully !
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom