HELP!!! 6800 xfx pci-e not working properly!!!

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
aight, here's the downlow: installed a xfx 6800 pci-e x16, working fine, got teh drivers, all that shizz, prompted me to restart, i did, came back, and now only my background shows. there's no icons, no start button, just my crazy background. i can see the mouse and right click, a window pops up, but i cant do anything that i click on. HEEEELLLLPPP!!!! i want to play hella games but can't!! anything'll help please!!

Do you have intergraded video on your MOBO(motherboard) if so trun it off in your BIOS.
What did you have installed before this, as in intergraded or a video card?

i had a piece o junk ati x300 pci express x16, idonno how to turn off integrated but im sure i dont

hmm. Removing the drivers might be hard since u don't have any icons and no start button :D

But I'd say that there is some problem with the drivers, since this happened right after u installed them. So just try to uninstall the current drivers and get some other ones.

poodycat said:
i had a piece o junk ati x300 pci express x16, idonno how to turn off integrated but im sure i dont

are you able to stick that one back in to see if you can see more?

Aren't XFX the people that pre-overclock the cards? They've always seemed pretty good to me, and always allow alot of room for a bit of an extra push, so surely the cooling can't be THAT bad?

so many complaints about xfx i guess i shouldnt get it. anyway press i think F1 or something like that and look around and ull see something called graphic card and just disable. wat mobo do u have?

It could be now that my answer from a previous post could apply.

MIGHT THINK YOU HAVE TWO MONITORS:

It might be thinking you have two monitors connected, and is displaying a second screen, like it would if another one was beside it, which would only show the background and mouse if not set to show anything.

Right click and go to Properties, and then to Settings.

Hopefully if you are lucky since only 1 screen is running, the box should appear on the screen, and not on one thats not there (won't be good).

Here, you'll see 2 monitor screens most likely in a box, with a little drop down.

Try moving the little monitors across, swapping them, so hopefully your monitor will display the right screen, or use the drop down list to select the right monitor.

If you press Apply and it works then great :D

Then, go into Advanced Properties, and to Monitors, and make sure it knows you only have 1 monitor installed.

I hope this helps.

*EDIT*

Plus, if people have complained about this issue, it won't be the card causing it, since the cards working. It'll more than likely be the drivers not setting right.

Back
Top Bottom