help

gardenshed1

Solid State Member
hello i am looking to build a computer here are the specs at the moment.

case:
Coolermaster Silencio RC-550-650W Mid Tower All Black SILENT Case USB 3.0 with 2.5" HDD X-Doc USB 3.0 with GX650W PSU

CPU:
Intel Core i5 3570K,1155, Ivy Bridge, Quad Core, 3.4GHz, 5 GT/s DMI, 650MHz GPU, 6MB Smart Cache, 34x Ratio, 77W, Retail

GPU:
1280MB Gainward GTX 560 Ti Limited Edition, 40nm, 3800MHz GDDR5, GPU 732MHz, Shader 1464MHz, 448 Cores, 2x DVI/ DP/ HDMI

Memory RAM:
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black, PC3-12800 (1600), Non-ECC, CAS 9-9-9-24, XMP, 1.50V

now you might be saying wheres the motherboard? well thats the bit i need help with i have a mother board which i want to use. but the problem is, i dont know weather i can use sata 2 hdd wih the motherboard or not. please read the spec of the motherboard.

Motherboard:
Asus P8Z68-V PRO, Intel Z68, S 1155, DDR3, SATA III - 6Gb/s, RAID SATA, PCIe 2.0 (x16), VGA On Board, ATX

please can someone help me with the HDD that i require and maybe recommend a cheap 1tb HDD. please feel free to point out anything else i might need.

thanks gardenshed18

You can use a SATA 2 hard drive on SATA 3. All the SATA standards are meant to be backwards compatible.

hello the case comes with a 650w PSU anyway which is why i didnt put it in there :D and what optical drive would you reckon im no good with them.

depends on what you want
i would avoide BluRay ROMs
but you can get a DVD burner for like 20$
and every maker of those is pretty good
they have had enough time to get it down to an art in terms of production

umm would you say everything above would be ok for rendering and making videos?
if no then could you suggest some stuff please would be a big help

yes, it seems fine
alot of it is going to be CPU and RAM demanding
you could look at get more ram, like 12 GB or 16 GB
16GB is max for 64-bit W7 Home Premium
but other then that it looks good

Back
Top Bottom