Help :)

Craig83

Beta member
Hey, just joined the forums because I have a slight problem with my computer.

I recently upgraded my motherboard and graphics card and for some reason the new card won't work without my old one in one of the spare pci-e slots which isn't major but I was kind of hoping to sell the old graphics card on ebay as I didn't think I'd need it.

Not sure how much it'll help but I upgraded to a Asus PQ5 deluxe mobo and with the new graphics card not coming right away I installed my old ati 2400HD card.

Sooo, new graphics card came, Radeon HD 4850 and I uninstalled the last card (drivers, ati ccc), took it out and put my new one in. Rebooted and got nothing apart from being slightly miffed.

So for some reason I put my old one in one of the spare slots, rebooted and everything is fine, installed new drivers etc and the system is even picking up the the old card is there still but is using the newer one.

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas because it's slightly annoying and one problem it does bring up is that I can't use the boot up screen that comes along with the awesome new motherboard :(

Any ideas would be welcome :) thanks.

Craig.

Sounds like the first slot is bad in some manner. Move your new card to the second slot and remove the old card. Fire up the system and see if it's recognized. Couldn't hurt to clear the CMOS on your board too, but it sounds like a bad slot or old data in the CMOS that needs flushed.

Back
Top Bottom