Help

Tj199

Beta member
Hi. I recently built a pc. specs are Abit Fatal1ty Fp-in9 SLI motherboard, intel core2 Quad Q6700, 4Gb of OCZ ddr2 sli ready ram, Power Up 800watt ATX power supply, XFX 9800gtx gpu, Mssscool cpu cooler, western digital 150 gb raptor. Windowns Vista Ultimate. The pc ran fine, but after a cuple of days I noticed that the fan on he 9800gtx made a scuff sound like the fan was warped and rubbing somthing. Idk if thats how they sound but, one day i was playing crysis and my pc shut down. I started it up it ran fine for 5 minuts. then it shut down again. This time it wouldnt start up, it just turned on for a haf a second then shut off. then if u try to turn it on again it wouldnt do any thing. If i un pluged it and pluged it back on it would turn on for a second and shut of and then if i tryed turning it on again it did notin.All the lights are on, on the motherboard. never over clocked... I'm wondering if any one has any suggestions on what may be rong with my system.

It could be a few things. A bad power supply, overheated video card or even CPU.

You could have an overheated video card as the fans shouldn't make those kinds of sounds. Do you have another to try?

Are you sure it was the video card making that noise and not the CPU HSF or power supply?

Well ... lets start with your first impression of what might be wrong. Do you have another video card that you could swap out the 9800gtx with and see if it powers up?
Basically, what you're going to have to do is slowly backtrack through your system and find out what's causing the issue. Test with a different power supply ... etc. Granted you obviously can only do this if you have spare parts to work with.

It same thing happns with no Gfx card taken out. I have another power supply. i'll give it a try.

100% sure the gfx car was making the noise. I think the gfx car may have over heated. But if this happned it wouldnt cause the system to not turn on? could it.

Back
Top Bottom