Help!

Would that be causeing it to crash ever few minutes?This really sucks if I have to go spend ANOTHER 80 $ on A 1 Gigabyte RAM card to match them right.

slots?!? Sorry I am sort of noobish(trying though!)The slots have different types?

slots?!? Sorry I am sort of noobish(trying though!)The slots have different types?

If you open up your case and look to where the RAM is at it should say right on the motherboard which slot it is. Also, a lot of manufacturers color code their RAM, for example I have 2 green slots and 2 purple slots. If I put the RAM in the same color then I the dual channel kicks in.

Also, if you are a noob then you might want to make sure that the RAM and graphics cards are in all of the way and that they snap in. I've screwed that up before.

I'm not A noob its just in some areas of computers I'm good and others not.Anyway Thats why I asked My slots aren't color coated, My comp says it uses DDR and It has 2 slots only , both are black, would that be causing the problem? That really makes NO sense because It came with one 256 card to begin with (sorry for late answer).

can I just remove the 256 RAM and leave the 1 gig and it be ok?

yes that should work just fine. if it does not take it out and try the 256. I personaly dont like the sound of a 256 in one slot and 1gig in the other you would probabley be better with two 512 or two 1g ram sticks.

Back
Top Bottom