Help!

So you have 2 different types of RAM in the PC? Try them 1 at a time in the computer and see what happens.

ok, the RAM says it will work for 3 other speeds (445:confused: I think and 667) but it is 2700 RAM so ts the same as the other. I am running a vid card and 1.25 RAM with a 200 watt box.I thin t may be overheating big time.

Have you tried 1 stick of RAM at a time? Its a common problem to have, you should try and used matched pairs of RAM on ya mobo. Alot of people will say that you dont need matched pairs, and their right, but certain mobos are very picky about it and wont work.

I think you have the same problem I had with my computer. If you have the RAM set in dual channel (slots 1&3 or 2&4) move them so they aren't in dual channel (1&2 or 2&4). For some reason the motherboard I have hates to run only two sticks of RAM in dual channel. Once I moved the RAM from slots 1 and 3 to 1 and 2 everything worked out.

Well noob question:
What is Dual channel and where do I put it in my computer?

dual channel is just the type of ram setup lol

"Dual-channel architecture DDR/DDR2 SDRAM describes a motherboard technology that effectively doubles data through output from RAM to the memory controller. Dual channel-enabled memory controllers utilize two 64-bit data channels, resulting in a total bandwidth of 128-bits, to move data from RAM to the CPU.

In order to achieve this, the DDR/DDR2 SDRAM memory modules must be installed into matching banks, which are usually color coded on the motherboard. It is not required that identical modules are used, but it is often recommended. One module of 512MB RAM could be installed in bank one and a 1GB module could be installed in bank two."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_Channel

Back
Top Bottom