Help

Thayne

Solid State Member
Hi all,

I have just purcahsed a new motherboard (ASUS), the system powers up i.e. fans work but I can't get the monitor to work. The post beeps are 1 long two short, which I believe indicates an issue with the monitor. I have attached the monitor to a lap top and it works fine, can anyone advise please. :confused:

Have you got a graphics card installed? If so then remove it and reseat it

Thayne said:
Hi all,

I have just purcahsed a new motherboard (ASUS), the system powers up i.e. fans work but I can't get the monitor to work. The post beeps are 1 long two short, which I believe indicates an issue with the monitor. I have attached the monitor to a lap top and it works fine, can anyone advise please. :confused:

Sounds more like a video card error to me. I think I may have had the same issue once before. Try taking the video card out and putting it back in, making sure it's securely in the slot. Also, make sure it's given power, an adequate supply of it. Since I don't know the exact motherboard nor the video card, I can't give much help beyond that.

make sure your graphics card is installed into the slot correctly and make sure it is plugged in to the power supply. also make sure your dvi or vga cable is inserted and secured to your monitor and graphics card correctly.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the quick reply, however when I purchased the motherboard the chap explained that there was an intergrated board, if we found that that we needed a graphics card, then we should buy.

Hi apparently its an intergrated motherboard, the ASUS P5V-VM SE DH. An all in one apparently, I am happy to buy a video card but we should at least be able to get the basics with this board shouldn't we.

Thayne said:
Hi apparently its an intergrated motherboard, the ASUS P5V-VM SE DH. An all in one apparently, I am happy to buy a video card but we should at least be able to get the basics with this board shouldn't we.

Yeah, it should be working. It may be a corrupted graphics chip, but I don't really know. This may not help at all, but clearing the CMOS may resolve it. I don't see why it really would, but sometimes clearing it works miracles. :D I haven't ever had to resort to it, but I believe the process goes something like this: (someone please correct me if I'm mistaken)

To clear the CMOS, find the CMOS jumper on your motherboard if you have the manual. Power off the machine, unplug the power cord, and open up the case. Remove the battery from the motherboard and move the jumper from pins 1 & 2 to pins 2 & 3. Leave it there for about 1 minute. In most cases, it only needs to be there for ~10 seconds, but to be on the safe side: a full minute. Then, move it back and reinsert the battery. Close the case, connect the power cord back, and power on.

After doing that (if you choose to do so) let us know if the problem still persists.

Hi,

Tried it and still getting the beeps and nothing on the monitor!!! Not sure what else I can do here.

Have you installed the mobo correctly? No shorts from screws etc? or extra pegs where they shouldnt be? Is everything seated properly?

Back
Top Bottom