Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-29-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Default Help!!!!!!

After recently installing limewire i downloaded a film and upon running it my computer completely froze i ran the nod 32 cleaner and it found a virus now i have never run Nod 32 before and it found a lot of stuff mainly trojans so i deleted them all right so far so good i deleted the film i had downloaded and then my computer froze again so i ran an adware scan and there was a few issues so i removed them my ewido won't come on so i deleted it from programes and downloaded Malware sweeper which found some items so i deleted them now heres where the fun starts i went back on limewire and it won't come on i click and nothing happens.I tested my broadband and it was okay i can surf and do anything but i went on you tube and had to download Java again [now it works] my questions are these 1.When the malware was doing the scan why did it scan files i have deleted like soul seek and old trial versions of software?.I thought once you deleted them it was gone? 2.How do i get rid of them? i have deleted/un-installed limewire and re-installed it three times and it still won't work i have currently on my system The usual crap internet explorer,abode,windows firewall and nod 32,xilisoft avi to dvd,Winamp,real player and wmp.All working fine i have tested everything and the only thing i can't use is Limewire i scan daily for ad ware and use my ccleaner every few hours what is going on?
I have only had the computer for a few monhts and it's crashed three times is there a web page i can go on to lern about computers and how to fix issues like this without hassling you lovely people?.

terryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Help!!!!!!

well.. i didn't read the whole thing, but if it's a virus.... system restore to an earlier time.

| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:02 PM   #3
Solid State Member

I tried that and it said it wasn't able to do it.I tried that after i scanned i tried about four diffrent points.No luck.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:08 PM   #4
BSOD

use www.download.com search for spyware docter thats the best it should do it

goodluck
CobraV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:09 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Sounds like a mess. Did you try scanning your system with AVG?
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:17 PM   #6
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner
Sounds like a mess. Did you try scanning your system with AVG?
Whats AVG? I scanned with Avira twice no joy.I scanned it with ad ware se,Microsoft anti-spyware,malware sweeper,tweek now reg cleaner pro,and did the following with systweak advanced system optimizer i ran the system and disk cleaner,registery cleaner and fixer,memory optimizer,reg defrag and optimizer,find duplicate files then i used my nod32 and removed all the rubbish then ran ccleaner for issues,ect. thats all i did i am currently defragmenting i have been here since 8am.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

AVG, best around I'd say.

Also try pandaonline scan, do all this in safe mode.
joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:32 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to drumthrasher Send a message via MSN to drumthrasher Send a message via Yahoo to drumthrasher

i don't like avg...get adaware, spybot s&d, windows defender, registry mechanic, anything you can find.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:36 PM   #9
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

id try AVG free, also scan it with CCleaner, lavasoft ad aware, spybot search and destroy and the microsoft antispyware program, this should help you to clean up your computer.

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:39 PM   #10
Solid State Member

what kind of computer and os ?

djr777 is offline   Reply With Quote