Help!!!!!!!!

dmb51599

In Runtime
I got my other gig of ram in today and now my cpu will not post!!!!! Just keeps beeping memory errors at me. I have Corsair value select and an ASUS (they suck ass!!!) A8N5X. I can only run one 512 or I have to fill all 4 slots with this stupid board and now the 4x512's wont take! Anyone else ever have this happen?? THANKS!!!!

Very doubtful though. I have had so many issues with this ASUS mobo it isnt funny!! They make shit!!!!! I will never buy anything from ASUS ever again!

I had to RMA the board right out of the box for one..... then the RAM wouldnt work when I was told from ASUS and Corsair that is is compatible, and now this.

Yeah dude, ASUS is probably the best motherboard manufacturer, if not, the second best. Either way, it's up there so i wouldn't go needlessly bashing the manufacturer about your problems. I suggest doing some of your own tests like taking out the 2 old memory modules and just using the new ones to see if they work alone. Then try using just one of the new ones along with the old ones, see if that configuration works, then swap out the new RAM module for the other new module and test it the same way. That way it is easier to single out if one of the modules isn't working properly.
Of course i am not also saying that you should entirely rule out the motherboard because you could be right. There may be a problem with the memory controller. Also, it is not normally recommended that you buy 4X512MB because it is said to put added stress on the mem controller (but not that it really matters to you at this point i suppose).

I have tested all of them out and they are fine. ASUS RMA suck cause they didnt know what was going on with my board that they had for 3 weeks!! Their customer support sucks as well. So I can justify why i think they suck now just cause something doesnt work correctly!

Back
Top Bottom