Help!

G35x

Golden Master
Ok, when i try to install my new Norton it says i have an older version. And it tells me to uninstall it and restart and the install this one. The thing is i dont have norton, its not in add/remove but it is in program files but it wont let me delete it. Its been on my comp forevr because i had the trial and then when i tried to remove it a long time ago it wouldnt let me it kepy saying please purchase now. So i disabled it on startup via msconfig and now i want to install the real thing so how the hell do i get rid of the older norton???

Cant call them lol, i for reasons i shouldnt mention (yeah my phone doesnt work :) )

geeze..lol..i wouldnt be surprised if u didnt even pay for ur computer...prob. stole it
lmao
have u ever purchased a software?

I don't mean to be a wet rag (alot of people do it).. but I'd edit the post before your flamed to hell.

Anyway, try searching Google for the service name to disable.

Yep..Windows Xp..and a couple of games back in the day when i didnt know how to use a computer :)

Bahawolf said:
I don't mean to be a wet rag (alot of people do it).. but I'd edit the post before your flamed to hell.

Anyway, try searching Google for the service name to disable.

i was juust kidding
chill out i do it too

Search for anything with the name Symantec or Norton under the Start Menu>Search for files or folders. Delete everything that you know is Norton/Symantec related (that you don't use) and then try to install it again.

I just did, but the one in program files still wont delete. So then i tried to install it again i got the same problem who knows.

Restart your computer and try it again. When you boot up, check all processes in the task manager and make sure it isn't being used.

Back
Top Bottom