help

bocaj

Beta member
my friends compaq wont display anything on the monitor. i switched monitors mine wont work on hers. hers works on mine. swaped video cards, same deal. when it turns on there arnt any beeps or anything and the keyboard lights dont come on. pressing buttons on the keyboard dosnt cause beeping. it worked fine earlyer but then we turned it off and moved it. nothing was droped or anything but for some reason it didnt work after we set it up after that.

So you're getting no power at all to the Compaq? Try unplugging the power cable out of the power supply, wait for a few seconds, and insert it back in. Then turn on to see what happens. I know it sounds odd to do this but it fixes some of my problems before. I had the same deal when nothing would come on. I thought, oh crap, my power supply went out or something. I just pulled the cord out and reconnected it 5 seconds later and everything purred to life.

Might be a sign of a weak power supply though. I should get mine replaced and possible your friend may have a similar problem.

oh no the power comes on no problem. fans fire up the led on the front comes on just nothing displays on the monitor and the monitor goes into its standby state.

make sure that the cable is plugged into the vid card (if it takes one) if that doesnt work then some sort of setting might have been messed up so try resetting the cmos on the motherboard with the jumper

some one told me that maybe the agp slot went bad. i dont have a way to test that theory. is that possible? it was just moved a hort distance and was never treated rough

Back
Top Bottom