Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jetster

Baseband Member
Hi all,

i've got 2 pcs networking at home. the computer in my room is the main one that conncected to the internet and the other one is upstair sharing through networking via a d-link router.

I've been using it for 2 yrs without any probs but recently, i have had a probs with my internet connection so i have re-installed my broadband. There is a probs wih my network now because the other computer upstair can't log onto the internet. i've tried to reset the router but it won't do it....anyone knows why ??? please give my some of your expertise.......thanks in advance.

have you tried uninstalling your driver for the computer upstairs... then reinstalling it. But that's gonna be hard because of no internet well then you might download the latest driver..make sure all of your settings allow others to connect as well

Yeah rdcmmnst is probably right in thinking to restart the drivers for the upstairs one too for the router, and the internet. This might then get you started again.

How long has it been since you re-installed your broadband, that it stopped working?

Hope I can help :)

Yeah, I think thats what he means.

So then it is re-installed on both machines, therieticorrally starting from scratch. Since after you installed your broadband again, it is probably possible your IP address (how the internet recognises your PC) has changed, and the router is sticking to the old one, not allowing your PC to access.
Restarting all these will force it to use the new one, resetting it again.

YES!!! I beat Kage to an answer and it was right!! WOOT WOOT can everybody say rdcmmnst rocks! haha

Yep you did, well done rdcmmnst :) Yeah, i don't know too much about routers, etc and the like... I couldn't set one up for myself most probably without a bit of help. These forums have helped alot though.

I hope this fixes your problem jetster. Report back with how it goes, yeah?

yeah i seriously hope this helps you. Sorry for *cough*overreacting*cough* in your thread just been a personal dream to beat kage haha. Definately tell us how it goes ok?

Back
Top Bottom