HELLPPPP :confused:

Impruv

In Runtime
I just moved a OEM computer into a new case and I added a new PSU as well, but when I put everything together and tried to turn it on...IT DIDN'T TURN ON :eek: :eek: ...so is their a way to pinpoint exactly what I did wrong?

Of course there is. Try making sure EVERYTHING is connected. Also, did you plug in the reset and power switches? Is the power cable plugged in? I knwo that's a silly question, but you'd be surprised at how many peopel have thoguht they fried somethign because the power cord wasn't plugged in...

I'm pretty sure I have everything connected....theres these 2 little things that don't have anything plugged in but I'm not sure what they are; I'll tell u the labels of them soon; also, I know I plugged in the reset/power switches but maybe I didn't put them in right? Iono....Aspire manuals aren't great and i'm not sure if the negative/positive is right?

EDIT: the 2 that aren't plugged into anything are CD IN and F_Line? aswell as floppy and 3 sata connectors...everything else seems to be plugged in.

GOOD NEWS; i think....well I switched some cables around and now it turns on for like 1 sec....when I press the power button, all the fans and lights go on for a sec and then turns off...what could be the problem?

sounds like u have the reset switch and all those annoying wires hooked up wrong, double check them and make sure theyre all plugged in in the right place

Well I don't know how to put them in in the first place....but according to the motherboard labels, I have them right

Impruv said:
GOOD NEWS; i think....well I switched some cables around and now it turns on for like 1 sec....when I press the power button, all the fans and lights go on for a sec and then turns off...what could be the problem?

Is this a P4 machine? If so, check your heatsink and make sure you have proper thermal compound applied. Another thing to look for- make sure you have all the screws in near the I/O slots- when a compute is not grounded properly, it will perform just as you described. Check these two, and post back- listen for any beeps....

sounds like an older comp the only think i can atgree with is mixed up wires i did that once that 386 was um toast in about 2.6 seconds...

id check and recheck those little wires my guess is you can get on the net look up the mobo and the power supply and see if you can get the diagrams. i am assuming you do not have the manuals my guess is the restart wires are jumped or the power wire is like 1 pin off. or jumped.

you may have also attached the button wron to the power supply.

Well iono what happened; but a waited a half hour or so and tried it again....and it fired up!; I didn't change a thing. Very weird; and its not an old system and its pentium D....anyways; its fixed upp now and running. But with the 6 fans in it....boy is it loud; any ideas for a cheap fan controller?

Back
Top Bottom