Hello little advice please

john_rs

Beta member
hey,

ive decided to build my own little computer :) , ive pretty much decided whats going in it now lol, im just not sure on a few things.

i need a graphics card for gaming and to watch high definition content, so one with a hdmi output would be useful i guess, but i then also i want a hdtv tuner, so i have a few questions.

ive seen hdtv tuners with graphics cards build in, are they any good? and would the graphic card in them be any good for gaming?

if i have both a graphics card and a tv tuner which i think i will, this will mean ill have two hdmi's does this mean i will have to switch between the two depending on whether i am wanting to use the computer generally or the tv tuner?

and probably a silly question but i dont know much about computers, when i use the tv tuner if it doesnt have its own graphics card will it run off the graphics card already in place? or will i need some cable to connect them.

one last question, what type of connection do you use to receive high definition in the UK, do you need a satellite dish or is there over ways of getting it other then the internet as my connection is not that fast.

any advice/tips would be grate, as i say i dont know that much.

oo btw ive decided on a mother board: intel DP455G and the procssor depends but the lowest speed of the ones im thinking about isQX6800

the graphics card im thinking about are
ATI Radeon HD4850
Radeon HD3870 x2

if you have any other suggestion that may be better or similar but less epenisve then please say :D

money is an issue, but i can always save to buy parts etc.

thanks in advance

john

anyone have a clue? ive spent hours on google lol too long

Back
Top Bottom