Hi there. New member. Pretty much a noob when it comes to computers but I know a few stuff here and there.
Ive been running on a AMD Athlon 1.4 for God knows how long now, and I just decided on upping to something with more "umph".
Keeping the budget in mind, I've decided to make a good gaming PC, designed MOSTLY for gaming performance... Games such as FEAR, Q4, basically all the next-gen games that are out and coming out in the future...
Heres what I came up with thus far:
Intel Core Duo E6300 (1.86 ghz)
- $183 --> im pretty much set on the CPU. Dont really wanna go above the 6300.
ASRock ConRoeXFire-eSATA2 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 945P ATX
- $81.00 --> I just found out about this board... its cheap, and it supports Crossfire, and the C2D. Read some reviews... seems pretty stable. HERES
a review of it. Newegg and the review site says only DDR2 667 is supported, but ASRocks official site says "Supports DDRII 667/533 ".
Kingston ValueRAM 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533
- $108 ---> (will add another stick in at a later time if some of the recent games dont run well...
Maxtor DiamondMax 17 6G160E0 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
- $60.00 ----> 160GB is enough for me right now, but will this thing even FIT inside the computer?
- just gonna use my regular one till I have a running computer first. (Basic Sony cd-rw drive)
As for the PSU/Case
, how the hell do I know if the mobo will fit a certain case? Do I just chance it? I had my eye on THIS
because it comes with the PSU and not a bad looking case either, but how will I know it even fits... T-T
And Im gonna do a little more researching on the GPU
... Friends tell me that a whole line of new cards are gonna be out, causing all the previous ones to shoot down.
Am I missing anything...?
I'm also sorta worried most of these aprts wont "fit" in together. An example would be something like DDR 533 and DDR2 667. I just found out about this. (I thought there were only 2 types of RAM out there: SDRAM and DDRAM) I would be freaking screwed if I bought some motherboard that did only support 667. Like would the Maxtor HDD fit in with everything? This stuff I'm really worried about... T-T